The 10 MUST-dos of College?
1) Get to Class: getting to class in one of the easiest ways to be successful in school. By showing up to class, you will hear everything be presented by your teacher. Which is a lot different than when you are reading at home alone. This way you are also hearing the information be read to you. Also, the teacher is there to answer any of your questions. Which is a lot better than when you are at home alone, and can not get an answer right away. Also, everything that is on a test is taught in class. So... no mater how you're feeling, get up, get dressed and make it!
2) Be on time: Make sure you are on-time. You are making a statement everything you come to class late. You will be surprised at how much important information you can miss by skipping the first 10 minutes of class!
3) Hand in you work: anything is better than a zero. Make sure you follow up with your teachers about things you have missed. Almost all teachers will be glad to explain to you and try their best to create a plan that will help you succeed.
4) Join a study group: Study groups will help keep you
motivated. Get together with your study group at least once a week and review what you learned that week.
5) Review your work at home: just by reviewing the information taught at school for 20 minutes each day will help you remember the information 50% better.
6) Don't get in the wrong crowd: making the wrong friends can be the biggest hole you will be digging yourself in. Careful, make friends who will teach you new things and have the same goals as you.
7) Get help: there are plenty of resources around the school to help you become better: tutors, teachers and counselors
8) Get involved: join a sports team or a school club, it will help you meet new people that share the same interests as you
9) Dress to impress: dressing well to school will make your day a lot better. Always dress and look your best to feel your best
10) Be yourself: don't try to be something you're not, there are people who will like you just the way you are!
* All pictures labelled as reusable